Saturday, January 31, 2015

For the Birds, Part IV (My wild kingdom)

We left off with my baby hummingbird becoming interested in the great outdoors



Today I peeked out and he was there, but standing on the edge of his nest. I ducked into the house to get the camera, and he was gone!



I got up and sat on the roof for a half-hour before I finally spotted him in a tree 20 feet above the nest



I also spotted our hungry hawk, but I'm sure he didn't see the baby



This photo gives you the big picture. The hawk is in the eucalyptus on  the far left, the hummer is in the tree on the far right



He flew around a little bit but I found him again (I need some sunscreen but can't be bothered to go down)



He's enjoying himself, I think, as he takes a little stretch of wings and tail




Looking a bit like Richard Simmons "swing your hiney to the left and swing it to the right"




Chunky little fellow, isn't he?



We both heard his momma calling, and off he flew.

To be continued ...


No comments:

Post a Comment